Monday, October 5, 2009

this girl's

http://or-so-i-feel.blogspot.com/ imperfections are mad inspiring. I wish I knew her, but I'm also kind of glad I don't. It's nice that someone can inspire you who you've never met and know so few things about.

Today I started my internship, and later broke down. Being unemployed sucks in some ways mucho. In other ways it is positive. I>E. I can have all the physical therapist and other appointments I want. I have time to read and paint, take pictures and exercise. I had the time to study for the GREs and did well. That I am thankful for. I am also thankful that on the weekends I am not constantly dreading Monday. I am thankful that I don't have a Blackberry that gives me heart palpitations or bosses that I hate or work that is soul crushing. I love sleeping in and not wearing work clothes every day, and having time to get my apartment how I like it.

I don't like being alone most of the day. I miss A and K at work, and having people to eat lunch with and have invisible hula hoop contests. I miss having a sense of purpose, even one I didn't choose and didn't enjoy. I hate meeting new people and having to tell them I'm unemployed, and I hate the uncertainty of my life right now.

On the bright side my first paragraph is bigger than this one. And uncertainty's not the worst thing in the world. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment