Friday, June 26, 2009

My boss is a butthead...

So yesterday I had a very 'meet-cute' moment. (=cinematic moment when boy meets girl). I was waiting on the Red Line to meet a friend for happy hour, and it was taking FOREVER after that whole disaster this week. I hardly feel comfortable complaining about waiting when people died this week, but nevertheless. I was standing there, and I had conveniently stood myself next to a cute guy reading, so that he might start talking to me. Then, an attractive male came in between us and started reading. I was covertly looking at the two cute guys next to me, while trying to hide my book, because it happened to be "Why Men Love Bitches." I usually don't read books with the tagline "From Doormat to Dreamgirl," especially in public, but it was that kind of day.

Anyways, the guy next to me started up a conversation, and he was very good lucking, interesting, well educated, witty .... but then he mentioned that he had been in DC for 15 years. So he was at least in his late 30s. aak, that is a bit old for me. When the train car finally came, we got on together and kept talking until he got off at his stop. It was so nice to me someone fun while sober, but at the same time I just wished he'd been, oh, about a decade younger, and the future love of my life. Wouldn't that be convenient? AND an incredibly adorable story. Life.

I had a good time at happy hour(s) though, which somehow went for about 4 bars and 5 hours, which means that I may just stay home tonight. I worked at home all day, which I thought would be a breeze, but my boss wouldn't leave me and my bff coworker alone and it was a real pain in the ass. Plus now I have that gross lazy feeling as if I just laid in bed watching tv and eating all day. Which was really only a 1/4 of the day, and only while the Degrassi marathon was on. A full day would have been much more satisfying.

This blog thing is funny, because I've thought about writing a few times this week, but each time I've self-censored myself, and thought I a. don't want to be too emo b. don't want to write about boys or friends that might end up reading this c. don't want to sound like a wiener. And that's just ridiculous. I already am a wiener, and sometimes everyone has to be emo, and if a blog isn't the absolute best place to be emo than I don't know where is (except maybe if I had a xanga or myspace, but I think I'm a little old, and I actually don't know if xanga even exists, and I'm not sure if they'd let me in the club as a pink wearing non-cutter). Regardless. So now I am listening to Kings of Leon reading this excellent 'Why Men Love Bitches' book, and I am actually quite content, especially since I don't think I've stayed home on a Friday in months. I can't remember the last time, except when I was sick one weekend in DC. But healthy and home on a Friday? Quien sabe. Although I am feeling a bit feverish... Oh well. The hail has stopped, and the beat must go own. RIP Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, and that's pretty much it. I may have a small MJ dance party in honor of all that he has brought to the world. Another post for another day. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment